Personal Mobile Banking
Is Mobile Banking Secure?
To ensure the safety and privacy of your account information, we incorporate multiple security features in Mobile Banking:
- All transactions are encrypted.
- No personal or financial information is stored on your phone.
- You must authenticate every interaction with Mobile Banking.
Here are some recommended security steps you can take to protect yourself:
- Only use Secure Wi-Fi Networks. Public Wi-Fi can make you vulnerable to hacking attempts.
- Use WPA2 encryption for the most secure connection available.
- Turn off BlueTooth connections while using Mobile Banking.
- Install antivirus software.
- Always use a PIN or Pattern screen lock on your mobile device.
How do I get the GVB Mobile App?
Go to your Apple or Android App Store and search for Golden Valley Bank. Download our App, enter your Online Banking Login credentials and you are all set. You must have previously enrolled in Online Banking to sign in to the App.
You can also login to online banking, choose Change Options> Mobile Banking Profile> Manage Devices.
I am trying to login and it is giving me random security questions?
Double check that you are entering in your username correctly. Make sure if there is a capital that it took correctly on your phone or if there aren't any capitals that it isn't defaulting to them.
When I click the link to download the GVB Mobile App nothing happens, what should I do?
Every mobile device and mobile network is different, so you may not be able to download the Golden Valley Bank Mobile App to your mobile device. If you are having trouble, contact your mobile service carrier to make sure your mobile device supports application downloads.
What are the requirements?
To use the GVB Mobile downloadable application, your mobile device must have an operating system that supports application downloads and may require a data service plan. You download the Golden Valley Bank Mobile Banking application using the link sent by SMS text message during the enrollment process. Check with your cellular carrier for terms and fees.
How do I get GVB Mobile Deposit?
Follow the steps to download the Golden Valley Bank Mobile App and you will be able to access Mobile Deposit in the menu bar at the bottom of your screen.
Are there any limits to my Mobile Deposit?
Yes. Mobile Deposit has a daily limit of $5,000 per business day and $5,000 per item.
When is the cut off time for a new business day?
5:30pm daily, Monday through Friday, excluding bank holidays.
Are my deposits available immediately?
Deposits made before 5:30pm PST Monday – Friday will be credited to your account the same business day.
Deposits made after 5:30pm PST, or during weekends and bank holidays, will be credited to your account the following business day.
Do I need to endorse my check if I use mobile deposit?
Yes. All checks need to be properly endorsed on the back of the check with “For Mobile Deposit Only to Golden Valley Bank” along with your signature.
How do I get Mobile Browser?
Login to online banking and go to CHANGE OPTIONS. Go to the Mobile Banking Profile section and choose Manage devices. Follow the steps to enroll.
Open your browser on your phone, enter www.goldenvalley.bank and you will have a Mobile Browser friendly version of our site.
What is the difference between Mobile Browser and the Mobile App?
The Mobile App is a downloadable application that is put onto your smart phone and accessed through your main page. The Mobile Browser is a user-friendly experience through your browser (Chrome, Safari) on your cell phone or tablet.
What are the requirements?
To use the mobile browser service, your mobile device must have an Internet browser and may require a data service plan. You access the MyGVB Mobile website using the link sent by SMS text message during the enrollment process. Check with your cellular carrier for terms and fees.
How do I get Text Banking?
Login to online banking and go to CHANGE OPTIONS. Go to the Mobile Banking Profile section and choose Manage Devices. Follow the steps to enroll.
You will then receive an activation code via text message, enter it upon enrollment and you are set up! Make sure to choose easy nicknames because those are the names you will be texting!
What is the Text Banking address?
The Golden Valley Bank text address is 31727
What are all the descriptions and options for Text Banking?
Listed below are the Mobile Banking commands available for your use with MyGVB Mobile. We may change these commands from time to time.
- "B", "BAL", "BALANCE" or "BALANCES": You may view the Available Balance of your Accounts at the time of your request.
- "STMT", "TRAN" or "HIST": You may view your most recent transaction history for each Account designated by you. Not all pending transactions (e.g. pending debit card transactions, deposits holds, legal holds) are displayed. We may change the length of time that transaction history is available without prior notice. Transaction history on MyGVB Mobile does not replace the periodic statements for your Account.
- "HELP" or "HLP": Request basic customer support for MyGVB Mobile.
- "STOP": You may cancel MyGVB Mobile at any time by sending a text request with the STOP command from your registered Device. If you have registered more than one Device for MyGVB Mobile, using the STOP command will cancel MyGVB Mobile only on the device from which you send the STOP command.
- "ATM" plus the ZIP code, city or state for the ATM: to locate ATM.
- "BRANCH" plus the ZIP code, city or state for the branch: to locate a branch.
- "BOTH" plus the ZIP code, city or state for the branch: to locate ATM's and branches.
Are the keywords case sensitive?
No. Whether you type "BAL" or "bal," a response with your account balance information is sent to your mobile device.
What should I do if I don't get a response?
Make sure you are sending text messages to 31727. Check the keyword and any additional information required for the request, such as the financial institution's identifier, account nickname, or address.
Why are my results sent as multiple messages?
Text messages are limited to 160 characters. If your account information exceeds the character limit your account information is sent in multiple messages - no more than five at a time.
I have text messages enabled on my mobile device, why can't I receive text messages?
Your mobile service carrier may be blocking short codes or you may have blocked short codes on your mobile device. Short codes must be enabled to use MyGVB Mobile. Short codes are abbreviated phone numbers, usually five digits, used to send MyGVB Mobile messages.
View the MyGVB Mobile Banking Agreement. MyGVB Mobile Banking is available for Personal or Consumer accounts only.
What are the requirements?
To use the SMS text messaging service, your mobile device must send and receive text messages to and from a short code. Most mobile devices are capable of sending and receiving text messages, so your phone is most likely compatible with MyGVB Mobile. Please note that some mobile service carriers charge for outgoing text messages or for each message sent and received. Check with your cellular carrier for terms and fees.