I. Terms and Conditions for Both Consumer and Non-Consumers
This Internet Banking Service Agreement ("Agreement") governs the use of the Golden Valley Bank’s Online Banking System ("Services"). The Services allows you to perform a number of banking functions through the use of a personal computer and the Internet. This Agreement establishes the terms and conditions for electronic access to the internet banking system ("System"). When you use any of the Internet Banking Services described in this Agreement, you agree to the terms and conditions of this Agreement.
For purposes of this Agreement, the words "we," "our," "us," "Bank" and other similar terms mean Golden Valley Bank. “You," "your," "User," "Customer," "Company" and other similar terms refer to the account holder named below and anyone else authorized by that account holder to exercise control over account holder's funds through the System. "Account" or "accounts" means your accounts at Golden Valley Bank. "Electronic funds transfers" means ATM withdrawals, preauthorized transactions, point of sale transactions and transfers to and from your Bank accounts (including Bill Payment) using the System.
For purposes of this Agreement, all cut-off times noted within the agreement are Pacific Time (“PT” or “PST”). A “Business Day” is defined as all weekdays (M-F) with the exception of Federal holidays.
If you are an individual, then you agree to use our Services for consumer transactions only. If you are not an individual, including, but not limited to, a sole proprietor, corporation, partnership, Limited Liability Company, unincorporated business entity or association, then you agree to use our Services for non-consumer transactions only. A “consumer transaction” means the use of our Services to electronically transfer funds to or from a consumer account. A “consumer account” is an account of yours that is established primarily for personal, family or household purposes. If you use the Services for a consumer transaction, then the terms and conditions in Section III of this Agreement will not apply.
A “non-consumer transaction” means the use of the Services for any purpose that is not a consumer transaction (for example, to transfer funds to or from a business account or any account that is not a consumer account) and in addition includes (to the extent allowed by law): (i) any transfer of funds through Fed wire or a similar wire transfer system; (ii) any transfer of funds the primary purpose of which is the purchase or sale of a security or commodity; and any other use of the Services if the use is not covered by the Electronic Fund Transfer Act and its implementing Regulation E. If you use the Services for a non-consumer transaction, then the terms and conditions in Section II of this Agreement will not apply.
B. Other Agreements
The terms and conditions of the deposit agreements and disclosures for each of your Bank accounts as well as your other agreements with the Bank such as loans continue to apply notwithstanding anything to the contrary in this Agreement.
C. Using Online Banking
To use System, you must have at least one checking account at Bank, acquire the computer hardware and software required to access System, World Wide Web access via a secure Internet Service Provider (ISP), an Internet browser that meets current encryption standards , anti-virus software, and a valid e-mail address. Your online acceptance of these terms and conditions represents acceptance of all the requirements outlined herein.
D. Enrollment and Usage
Enrollment access is based upon the type of custodial account arrangement you have with the Bank:
System can be used to access only the Bank accounts that you have designated for use in this Agreement. You may request to add or delete any of your Bank accounts from this Agreement by contacting us.
E. Your Responsibility When the User ID and Password are Used
In your electronic communications with us, you must use your User ID and Password to initiate a secure System session with us. You may then use the tools provided by us within System.
When we commence your ability to access the System, we will establish access for you using a temporary Password. You will be required to change your Password upon your first login and periodically thereafter. You agree that you will not under any circumstances disclose your Password to anyone, including anyone claiming to represent Bank.
Your Password must be at least 8 to 17 characters in length and consist of both alpha and numeric characters and both upper and lower case characters for purposes of security. Your Password should not be associated with any commonly known personal identification, such as social security numbers, address, date of birth, names of children, information easily obtained via social media and should be memorized rather than written down.
We are entitled to act upon instructions we receive with respect to any Service under your User ID and Password. You are liable for all transactions made or authorized with the use of your Password. We have no responsibility for establishing the identity of any person who uses your Password. You agree that if you give your Password to anyone or fail to safeguard its secrecy, you do so at your own risk since anyone with your Password will have access to your accounts.
You agree to indemnify and release Bank from any and all liability, and agree not to make any claim against Bank or bring any action against Bank, relating to its honoring or allowing any actions or transactions that were conducted under your Password or acting upon messages or authorizations provided to us using your Password.
You agree that we shall not be responsible for any loss, property damage or bodily injury arising out of or resulting from the failure of any person to provide you with access to System, whether caused by the equipment, software, the Bank, Internet service providers, Internet browsers, or the parties providing communication services to or from us to you. We are not liable for war, acts of government that may restrict or impair use of System services, hurricanes, floods or other disasters, nor shall we be responsible for any direct, indirect, special or consequential, economic or other damages relating in any way to the foregoing.
By directing us, through the use of System, any Services initiated with your User ID and Password, you authorize Bank to complete the transaction. Any requests or instructions we receive from you through the System using your User ID and Password shall constitute writings with your signature as provided under all applicable law, and shall have the same force and effect as a writing signed by you. This includes, but is not limited to, requests with respect to funds in your account; transferring money, stop payment orders, changes to accounts or services or any other communication you provide us through the System using your User ID and Password.
Your access to System will be blocked in the event your User ID and Password is entered incorrectly on 3 consecutive attempts. If this happens, please call us at (530) 894-1000.
F. Data Protection
You understand the importance of your role in preventing misuse of your accounts through System and you agree to promptly examine your statement for each of your Bank accounts as soon as you receive it. You agree to protect the confidentiality of your account and account number, and your personal identification information, such as your driver's license number and social security number. You understand that personal identification information by itself, or together with information related to your account, may allow unauthorized access to your account. Your User ID and Password are intended to provide security against unauthorized entry and access to your accounts. Data transferred via System is encrypted in an effort to provide transmission security and System utilizes identification technology to verify that the sender and receiver of System transmissions can be appropriately identified by each other. Notwithstanding our efforts to insure that the System is secure, you acknowledge that the Internet is inherently insecure and that all data transfers, including electronic mail, occur openly on the Internet and potentially can be monitored and read by others. We cannot and do not warrant that all data transfers utilizing Bank System, or e-mail transmitted to and from us, will not be monitored or read by others.
You can use System to perform these Services:
Some of the Services may appear on your screen that have not been approved for you and, therefore, will not be available to you. Also, the Bank may, from time to time, introduce new Services. When enrolling in these services when they become available, you agree to be bound by the terms and conditions in this Agreement and any updates thereto.
Information shown on System is generally up to the minute. The available account balance may include deposits still subject to verification or other items memo posted to the account (e.g., debit card activity) and may not include outstanding checks or credits. The current balance is a count of items posted to the account. Transfers initiated through System may not result in immediate availability because of the time required to process the request. Please contact us if you have further questions.
You may sign up for eAlerts through Golden Valley Bank’s Internet Banking service. Once you have logged in to Internet Banking, you may choose which eAlerts you would like to receive, the account(s) to which the eAlerts will relate, and the electronic addresses to which the eAlerts will be sent. You agree to notify us of any change to your electronic addresses in order to ensure continued delivery of your eAlerts. You must be an Internet Banking customer to receive eAlerts. You may also delete or change the status of your eAlerts through Internet Banking. eAlerts may be discontinued by deleting the eAlert. Deleted Alerts will not be maintained on your list of eAlerts.
You may elect to receive eAlerts relating to your checking, savings, certificate of deposit, or line of credit accounts with Golden Valley Bank. eAlerts will be sent to a mobile phone, handheld, or other wireless device or by email as designated by you. The Service allows you to request and receive certain messages about your Golden Valley Bank account. You may elect to receive eAlerts relating to specific transactions on your designated accounts including but not limited to; notifications regarding deposit account transactions based on a specified amount, notifications that payments or credits have posted to your account, or notifications when your account balance exceeds an amount that you have specified.
eAlerts are not encrypted, therefore, we will never include your pass code or full account number. However, eAlerts may include your name and some information about your accounts such as your account balance. Anyone with access to your email will be able to view the contents of the eAlerts.
eAlerts will be sent each day, at various times, when transactions occur that meet your specified criteria. You understand and agree that eAlerts will not be sent on a “real time” basis, but will rather be sent at the next scheduled delivery time after the specified transaction event occurs. We reserve the right to change the frequency or timing of eAlerts, at any time and from time to time.
eAlerts are not intended to replace your account statements or any other communications we may provide to you regarding your account(s).
You understand and agree that receipt of each eAlert may be delayed, or prevented by factors affecting your Internet service provider(s), phone operator(s), and such other relevant entities ("Third Party Service Providers"). All matters concerning Third Party Service Providers are solely between you and the Third Party Service Provider. We make no representations or warranties whatsoever with regard to Third Party Service Providers' products and services. Golden Valley Bank and its affiliates neither guarantee the delivery nor the accuracy of the contents of any eAlert. Golden Valley Bank and its affiliates will not be liable for losses or damages arising from (a) non-delivery, delayed delivery, or mis-delivery of an eAlert; (b) inaccurate content in an eAlert; or (c) your use or reliance on the contents of any eAlert for any purchases or any other reason.
You are responsible for and must provide all telephone and other equipment, software, and services necessary to receive eAlerts from the Service. While Golden Valley Bank does not charge for the delivery of the eAlerts, please be advised that text or data charges or rates may be imposed by your carrier. Golden Valley Bank reserves the right to modify this Agreement at any time. We may add new eAlerts from time to time or cancel old eAlerts. Any modifications shall be effective when they are posted on the Service. You will be notified as soon as possible when any changes are made that materially affect your rights.
H. Posting of Transfers
Transfers initiated through System before 5:00 PM PT on a business day are posted to your account the same day. Transfers completed after 5:00 PM PT or on a non-business day will be posted on the next business day. You agree to communicate with any other persons with authorized access to your accounts concerning any transfers, bill payments, or other transactions from your accounts in order to avoid overdrafts.
H-1. Account to Account Transfers
1. Introduction. This Account to Account Transfer Terms of Service document (hereinafter "Agreement") is a contract between you and Golden Valley Bank (hereinafter "we" or "us") in connection with the Account to Account Transfer Service (as defined below) offered through our online banking site or mobile applications (the "Site"). This Agreement applies to your use of the Account to Account Transfer Service and the portion of the Site through which the Account to Account Transfer Service is offered.
2. Description of Account to Account Transfer Service. The Account to Account transfer service (the "Account to Account Transfer Service") enables you to transfer funds between your Account(s) that you maintain with us on the one hand, and your Account(s) that are maintained by other financial institutions, on the other hand.
4. Service Providers. We are offering you the Account to Account Transfer Service through one or more Service Providers that we have engaged to render some or all of the Account to Account Transfer Service to you on our behalf. However, notwithstanding that we have engaged such a Service Provider to render some or all of the Account to Account Transfer Service to you, we are the sole party liable to you for any payments or transfers conducted using the Account to Account Transfer Service and we are solely responsible to you and any third party to the extent any liability attaches in connection with the Account to Account Transfer Service. You agree that we have the right under this Agreement to delegate to Service Providers all of the rights and performance obligations that we have under this Agreement, and that the Service Providers will be third party beneficiaries of this Agreement and will be entitled to all the rights and protections that this Agreement provides to us.
5. Authorization and Processing.
1. If, through no fault of ours, the Eligible Transaction Account or External Account does not contain sufficient funds to complete the transfer or the transfer would exceed the credit limit of your overdraft account;
2. The Account to Account Transfer Service is not working properly and you know or have been advised by us about the malfunction before you execute the transaction;
3. The transfer is refused as described in Section 10 (Refused Transfers) below;
4. You have not provided us with the correct information, including but not limited to the correct Eligible Transaction Account or External Account information; and/or,
5. Circumstances beyond our control (such as, but not limited to, fire, flood, network or system down time, issues with the financial institution(s), or interference from an outside force) prevent the proper execution of the transfer and we have taken reasonable precautions to avoid those circumstances.
d. It is your responsibility to ensure the accuracy of any information that you enter into the Account to Account Transfer Service, and for informing us as soon as possible if you become aware that this information is inaccurate. You may not use a P.O. Box as a postal address. We will make a reasonable effort to stop or recover a transfer made to the wrong Account once informed, but we do not guarantee such recovery and will bear no responsibility or liability for damages resulting from incorrect information entered by you.
6. Transfer Methods and Amounts. There are limits on the amount of money you can send or receive through our Account to Account Transfer Service. Your limits may be adjusted from time-to-time in our sole discretion. You may have the ability to log in to the Site to view your individual transaction limits. We or our Service Provider also reserve the right to select the method in which to remit funds on your behalf though the Account to Account Transfer Service, and in the event that your Eligible Transaction Account is closed or otherwise unavailable to us the method to return funds to you.
7. Transfer Cancellation Requests. You may cancel a transfer at any time until it begins processing (as shown in the Account to Account Transfer Service). We will, to the extent permitted by law, make reasonable attempts to return any unclaimed, refused, refunded, prohibited, or denied transfer to your Account that we debited for the funds transfer. If this is unsuccessful (for example, the Eligible Transaction Account has been closed) we will make reasonable attempts to otherwise return the funds to you.
8. Stop Transfer Requests. If you desire to stop any transfer that has already been processed, you must contact customer care for the Account to Account Transfer Service pursuant to Section 26 (Errors, Questions, and Complaints). Although we will make a reasonable effort to accommodate your request, we will have no liability for failing to do so. We may also require you to present your request in writing within fourteen (14) days. The charge for each request will be the current charge for such service as set out in the applicable fee schedule.
9. Account to Account Transfer Service Fees and Additional Charges. You are responsible for paying all fees associated with your use of the Account to Account Transfer Service. Applicable fees will be disclosed in the user interface for, or elsewhere within, the Account to Account Transfer Service or Site. Any applicable fees will be charged regardless of whether the Account to Account Transfer Service was used, except for fees that are specifically use-based. Use-based fees for the Account to Account Transfer Service will be charged against the Account that is debited for the funds transfer. There may also be charges for additional transactions and other optional services. You agree to pay such charges and authorize us to deduct the calculated amount from the applicable Eligible Transaction Account you hold with us or the Account that is debited for the funds transfer, depending on how such charges are described in the user interface for the Account to Account Transfer Service. Any financial fees associated with your standard deposit accounts will continue to apply. You are responsible for any and all telephone access fees and Internet service fees that may be assessed by your telephone and Internet service provider. Section 22 (Failed Or Returned Transfer Instructions) applies if you do not pay our fees and charges for the Account to Account Transfer Service, including without limitation if we debit the External Account for such fees, as described in this Section, and there are insufficient fees in the External Account; Section 22 (Failed Or Returned Transfer Instructions) should be interpreted as applying to the External Account, not just the Eligible Transaction Account, in such circumstances.
10. Refused Transfers. We reserve the right to refuse any transfer. As required by applicable law, we will notify you promptly if we decide to refuse to transfer funds.
11. Returned Transfers. In using the Account to Account Transfer Service, you understand transfers may be returned for various reasons such as, but not limited to, the External Account number is not valid. We will use reasonable efforts to research and correct the transfer to the intended Account or void the transfer and credit your Account from which you attempted to transfer funds. You may receive notification from us.
12. Notices to Us Regarding the Account to Account Transfer Service. Except as otherwise stated below, notice to us concerning the Site or the Account to Account Transfer Service must be sent by postal mail to: 190 Cohasset Rd. Chico CA 95926. We may also be reached at 530-894-1000 for questions and other purposes concerning the Account to Account Transfer Service. We will act on your telephone calls as described below in Section 26 (Errors, Questions, and Complaints), but otherwise, such telephone calls will not constitute legal notices under this Agreement.
13. Notices to You. You agree that we may provide notice to you by posting it on the Site, sending you an in-product message within the Account to Account Transfer Service, emailing it to an email address that you have provided us, mailing it to any postal address that you have provided us, or by sending it as a text message to any mobile phone number that you have provided us, including but not limited to the mobile phone number that you have listed in your Account to Account Transfer Service setup or customer profile. For example, users of the Account to Account Transfer Service may receive certain notices (such as notices of processed Transfer Instructions, alerts for validation and notices of receipt of transfers) as text messages on their mobile phones. All notices by any of these methods shall be deemed received by you no later than twenty-four (24) hours after they are sent or posted, except for notice by postal mail, which shall be deemed received by you no later than three (3) Business Days after it is mailed. You may request a paper copy of any legally required disclosures and you may terminate your consent to receive required disclosures through electronic communications by contacting us as described in Section 12 (Notices to Us Regarding the Account to Account Transfer Service) above. We reserve the right to charge you a reasonable fee not to exceed twenty dollars ($20.00) to respond to each such request. We reserve the right to terminate your use of the Account to Account Transfer Service if you withdraw your consent to receive electronic communications.
15. Receipts and Transaction History. You may view your transaction history by logging into the Account to Account Transfer Service and looking at your transaction history. You agree to review your transactions by this method instead of receiving receipts by mail.
17. Eligibility. The Account to Account Transfer Service is offered only to individual residents of the United States who can form legally binding contracts under applicable law. Without limiting the foregoing, the Account to Account Transfer Service is not offered to minors unless the minor is using an Eligible Transaction Account in the name of the minor with a parent or guardian as a co-signor or guarantor. By using the Account to Account Transfer Service, you represent that you meet these requirements and that you agree to be bound by this Agreement.
18. Prohibited Transfers. The following types of transfers are prohibited through the Account to Account Transfer Service, and we have the right but not the obligation to monitor for, block, cancel and/or reverse such transfers:
b. Transfers that violate any law, statute, ordinance or regulation; and
c. Transfers that violate the Acceptable Use terms in Section 19 (Acceptable Use) below; and
d. Transfers related to: (1) tobacco products, (2) prescription drugs and devices; (3) narcotics, steroids, controlled substances or other products that present a risk to consumer safety; (4) drug paraphernalia; (5) ammunition, firearms, or firearm parts or related accessories; (6) weapons or knives regulated under applicable law; (7) goods or services that encourage, promote, facilitate or instruct others to engage in illegal activity; (8) goods or services that are sexually oriented; (9) goods or services that promote hate, violence, racial intolerance, or the financial exploitation of a crime; (10) goods or services that defame, abuse, harass or threaten others; (11) goods or services that include any language or images that are bigoted, hateful, racially offensive, vulgar, obscene, indecent or discourteous; (12) goods or services that advertise, sell to, or solicit others; or (13) goods or services that infringe or violate any copyright, trademark, right of publicity or privacy, or any other proprietary right under the laws of any jurisdiction; and
e. Transfers related to gambling, gaming and/or any other activity with an entry fee and a prize, including, but not limited to, casino games, sports betting, horse or dog racing, lottery tickets, other ventures that facilitate gambling, games of skill (whether or not it is legally defined as a lottery) and sweepstakes; and
f. Transfers relating to transactions that (1) support pyramid or Ponzi schemes, matrix programs, other "get rich quick" schemes or multi-level marketing programs, (2) are associated with purchases of real property, annuities or lottery contracts, lay-away systems, off-shore banking or transactions to finance or refinance debts funded by a credit card, (3) are for the sale of items before the seller has control or possession of the item, (4) constitute money-laundering or terrorist financing, (5) are associated with the following "money service business" activities: the sale of traveler’s checks or money orders, currency dealers or exchanges, or check cashing, or (6) provide credit repair or debt settlement services; and
g. Transfers relating to tax payments and court ordered payments.
20. Your Liability for Unauthorized Transfers. Immediately following your discovery of an unauthorized Transfer Instruction, you shall communicate with customer care for the Account to Account Transfer Service in the manner set forth in Section 12 (Notices to Us Regarding the Account to Account Transfer Service) above. You acknowledge and agree that time is of the essence in such situations. If you tell us within two (2) Business Days after you discover your password or other means to access your account through which you access the Account to Account Transfer Service has been lost or stolen, your liability is no more than $50.00 should someone access your account without your permission. If you do not tell us within two (2) Business Days after you learn of such loss or theft, and we can prove that we could have prevented the unauthorized use of your password or other means to access your account if you had told us, you could be liable for as much as $500.00. If your monthly financial institution statement contains transfers that you did not authorize, you must tell us at once. If you do not tell us within sixty (60) days after the statement was sent to you, you may lose any amount transferred without your authorization after the sixty (60) days if we can prove that we could have stopped someone from taking the money had you told us in time. If a good reason (such as a long trip or a hospital stay) prevented you from telling us, we may in our sole discretion extend the period.
21. Taxes. It is your responsibility to determine what, if any, taxes apply to the transactions you make or receive, and it is your responsibility to collect, report and remit the correct tax to the appropriate tax authority. We are not responsible for determining whether taxes apply to your transaction, or for collecting, reporting or remitting any taxes arising from any transaction.
22. Failed or Returned Transfer Instructions. In using the Account to Account Transfer Service, you are requesting that we or our Service Provider attempt to make transfers for you from your Eligible Transaction Account. If the Transfer Instruction cannot be completed for any reason associated with your Eligible Transaction Account (for example, there are insufficient funds in your Eligible Transaction Account, or the Transfer Instruction would exceed the credit or overdraft protection limit of your Eligible Transaction Account, to cover the transfer), the Transfer Instruction may or may not be completed. In certain circumstances, our Service Provider may either advance funds drawn on their corporate account or via an electronic debit, and in such circumstances will attempt to debit the Eligible Transaction Account a second time to complete the Transfer Instruction. In some instances, you will receive a return notice from us or our Service Provider. In each such case, you agree that:
a. You will reimburse our Service Provider immediately upon demand the amount of the Transfer Instruction if the transfer has been delivered but there are insufficient funds in, or insufficient overdraft credits associated with, your Eligible Transaction Account to allow the debit processing to be completed;
b. You may be assessed a late fee equal to one and a half percent (1.5%) of any unpaid amounts plus costs of collection by our Service Provider or their third-party contractor if the Transfer Instruction cannot be debited because you have insufficient funds in your Eligible Transaction Account, or the transaction would exceed the credit or overdraft protection limit of your Eligible Transaction Account, to cover the transfer, or if the funds cannot otherwise be collected from you. The aforesaid amounts will be charged in addition to any NSF charges that may be assessed by us, as set forth in your fee schedule from us (including as disclosed on the Site) or your account agreement with us. You hereby authorize us and our Service Provider to deduct all of these amounts from your designated Eligible Transaction Account, including by ACH debit;
c. Service Provider is authorized to report the facts concerning the return to any credit reporting agency.
23. Address or Banking Changes. It is your sole responsibility and you agree to ensure that the contact information in your user profile is current and accurate. This includes, but is not limited to, name, physical address, phone numbers and email addresses. Depending on the Account to Account Transfer Service, changes may be able to be made within the user interface of the Account to Account Transfer Service or by contacting customer care for the Account to Account Transfer Service as set forth in Section 12 (Notices to Us Regarding the Account to Account Transfer Service) above. We are not responsible for any payment processing errors or fees incurred if you do not provide accurate Eligible Transaction Account, Transfer Instructions or contact information.
a. Mobile Subscriber Information. You authorize your wireless carrier to disclose information about your account, such as subscriber status, payment method and device details, if available, to support identity verification, fraud avoidance and other uses in support of transactions for the duration of your business relationship with us. This information may also be shared with other companies to support your transactions with us and for identity verification and fraud avoidance purposes.
b. Device Data. We may share certain personal information and device-identifying technical data about you and your devices with third party service providers, who will compare and add device data and fraud data from and about you to a database of similar device and fraud information in order to provide fraud management and prevention services, which include but are not limited to identifying and blocking access to the applicable service or Web site by devices associated with fraudulent or abusive activity. Such information may be used by us and our third party service providers to provide similar fraud management and prevention services for services or Web sites not provided by us. We will not share with service providers any information that personally identifies the user of the applicable device.
25. Account to Account Transfer Service Termination, Cancellation, or Suspension. If you wish to cancel the Account to Account Transfer Service, you may contact us as set forth in Section 12 (Notices to Us Regarding the Account to Account Transfer Service) above. Any transfer(s) that have begun processing before the requested cancellation date will be processed by us. You agree that we may terminate or suspend your use of the Account to Account Transfer Service at any time and for any reason or no reason. Neither termination, cancellation nor suspension shall affect your liability or obligations under this Agreement.
26. Errors, Questions, and Complaints.
a. In case of errors or questions about your transactions, you should as soon as possible contact us as set forth in Section 12 (Notices to Us Regarding the Account to Account Transfer Service) above.
b. If you think your periodic statement for your account is incorrect or you need more information about a transaction listed in the periodic statement for your account, we must hear from you no later than sixty (60) days after we send you the applicable periodic statement for your account that identifies the error. You must:
1. Tell us your name;
c. If you tell us orally, we may require that you send your complaint in writing within ten (10) Business Days after your oral notification. Except as described below, we will determine whether an error occurred within ten (10) Business Days after you notify us of the error. We will tell you the results of our investigation within three (3) Business Days after we complete our investigation of the error, and will correct any error promptly. However, if we require more time to confirm the nature of your complaint or question, we reserve the right to take up to forty-five (45) days to complete our investigation. If we decide to do this, we will provisionally credit your Eligible Transaction Account within ten (10) Business Days for the amount you think is in error. If we ask you to submit your complaint or question in writing and we do not receive it within ten (10) Business Days, we may not provisionally credit your Eligible Transaction Account. If it is determined there was no error we will mail you a written explanation within three (3) Business Days after completion of our investigation. You may ask for copies of documents used in our investigation. We may revoke any provisional credit provided to you if we find an error did not occur.
27. Intellectual Property. All marks and logos related to the Account to Account Transfer Service are either trademarks or registered trademarks of us or our licensors. In addition, all page headers, custom graphics, button icons, and scripts are our service marks, trademarks, and/or trade dress or those of our licensors. You may not copy, imitate, or use any of the above without our prior written consent, which we may withhold in our sole discretion, and you may not use them in a manner that is disparaging to us or the Account to Account Transfer Service or display them in any manner that implies our sponsorship or endorsement. All right, title and interest in and to the Account to Account Transfer Service, the portion of the Site through which the Account to Account Transfer Service is offered, the technology related to the Site and Account to Account Transfer Service, and any and all technology and any content created or derived from any of the foregoing, is our exclusive property or that of our licensors. Moreover, any suggestions, ideas, notes, drawings, concepts, or other information you may send to us through or regarding the Site or Account to Account Transfer Service shall be considered an uncompensated contribution of intellectual property to us and our licensors, shall also be deemed our and our licensors’ exclusive intellectual property, and shall not be subject to any obligation of confidentiality on our part. By submitting any such materials to us, you automatically grant (or warrant that the owner of such materials has expressly granted) to us and our licensors a perpetual, royalty-free, irrevocable, non-exclusive right and license to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, translate, publicly perform and display, create derivative works from and distribute such materials or incorporate such materials into any form, medium, or technology now known or later developed, and you warrant that all so-called "moral rights" in those materials have been waived, and you warrant that you have the right to make these warranties and transfers of rights.
28. Links and Frames. Links to other sites may be provided on the portion of the Site through which the Account to Account Transfer Service is offered for your convenience. By providing these links, we are not endorsing, sponsoring or recommending such sites or the materials disseminated by or services provided by them, and are not responsible for the materials, services or other situations at or related to or from any other site, and make no representations concerning the content of sites listed in any of the Account to Account Transfer Service web pages. Consequently, we cannot be held responsible for the accuracy, relevancy, copyright compliance, legality or decency of material contained in sites listed in any search results or otherwise linked to the Site. For example, if you "click" on a banner advertisement or a search result, your "click" may take you off the Site. This may include links from advertisers, sponsors, and content partners that may use our logo(s) as part of a co-branding agreement. These other sites may send their own cookies to users, collect data, solicit personal information, or contain information that you may find inappropriate or offensive. In addition, advertisers on the Site may send cookies to users that we do not control. You may link to the home page of our Site. However, you may not link to other pages of our Site without our express written permission. You also may not "frame" material on our Site without our express written permission. We reserve the right to disable links from any third party sites to the Site.
29. Password and Security. If you are issued or create any password or other credentials to access the Account to Account Transfer Service or the portion of the Site through which the Account to Account Transfer Service is offered, you agree not to give or make available your password or credentials to any unauthorized individuals, and you agree to be responsible for all actions taken by anyone to whom you have provided such credentials. If you believe that your credentials have been lost or stolen or that someone may attempt to use them to access the Site or Account to Account Transfer Service without your consent, you must inform us at once at the telephone number provided in Section 12 (Notices to Us Regarding the Account to Account Transfer Service) above. See also Section 20 (Your Liability for Unauthorized Transfers) above regarding how the timeliness of your notice impacts your liability for unauthorized transfers.
30. Amendments. We may amend this Agreement and any applicable fees and charges for the Account to Account Transfer Service at any time by posting a revised version on the Site. The revised version will be effective at the time it is posted unless a delayed effective date is expressly stated in the revision. Any use of the Account to Account Transfer Service after a notice of change or after the posting of a revised version of this Agreement on the Site will constitute your agreement to such changes and revised versions. Further, we may, from time to time, revise, update, upgrade or enhance the Account to Account Transfer Service and/or related applications or material, which may render all such prior versions obsolete. Consequently, we reserve the right to terminate this Agreement as to all such prior versions of the Account to Account Transfer Service, and/or related applications and material, and limit access to only the Account to Account Transfer Service’s more recent revisions, updates, upgrades or enhancements.
31. Our Relationship With You. We are an independent contractor for all purposes, except that we act as your agent with respect to the custody of your funds for the Account to Account Transfer Service. We do not have control of, or liability for, any products or services that are paid for with our Account to Account Transfer Service. We also do not guarantee the identity of any user of the Account to Account Transfer Service (including but not limited to recipients to whom you send transfers).
32. Assignment. You may not transfer or assign any rights or obligations you have under this Agreement without our prior written consent, which we may withhold in our sole discretion. We reserve the right to transfer or assign this Agreement or any right or obligation under this Agreement at any time to any party. We may also assign or delegate certain of our rights and responsibilities under this Agreement to independent contractors or other third parties.
33. Remedies. If we have reason to believe that you have engaged in any of the prohibited or unauthorized activities described in this Agreement or have otherwise breached your obligations under this Agreement, we may terminate, suspend or limit your access to or use of the Site or the Account to Account Transfer Service; notify law enforcement, regulatory authorities, impacted third parties, and others as we deem appropriate; refuse to provide our services to you in the future; and/or take legal action against you. In addition, we, in our sole discretion, reserve the right to terminate this Agreement, access to the Site and/or use of the Account to Account Transfer Service for any reason or no reason and at any time. The remedies contained in this Section 33 are cumulative and are in addition to the other rights and remedies available to us under this Agreement, by law or otherwise.
34. Disputes. In the event of a dispute regarding the Account to Account Transfer Service, you and we agree to resolve the dispute by looking to this Agreement.
35. Arbitration. For any claim (excluding claims for injunctive or other equitable relief) where the total amount of the award sought is less than $10,000.00 USD, the party requesting relief may elect to resolve the dispute in a cost effective manner through binding non-appearance-based arbitration. If a party elects arbitration, that party will initiate such arbitration through Judicial Arbitration and Mediation Services ("JAMS"), the American Arbitration Association ("AAA"), or an established alternative dispute resolution (ADR) administrator mutually agreed upon by the parties. The parties agree that the following rules shall apply: (a) the arbitration may be conducted telephonically, online and/or be solely based on written submissions, at the election of the party initiating the arbitration; (b) the arbitration shall not involve any personal appearance by the parties, their representatives or witnesses unless otherwise mutually agreed by the parties; (c) discovery shall not be permitted; (d) the matter shall be submitted for decision within ninety (90) days of initiation of arbitration, unless otherwise agreed by the parties, and the arbitrator must render a decision within thirty (30) days of submission; and (e) any award in such arbitration shall be final and binding upon the parties and may be submitted to any court of competent jurisdiction for confirmation. The parties acknowledge that remedies available under federal, state and local laws remain available through arbitration. NO CLASS ACTION, OTHER REPRESENTATIVE ACTION, OR PRIVATE ATTORNEY GENERAL ACTION, OR JOINDER OR CONSOLIDATION OF ANY CLAIM WITH A CLAIM OF ANOTHER PERSON SHALL BE ALLOWABLE IN ARBITRATION.
36. Law and Forum for Disputes. Unless our account agreement with you states otherwise, this Agreement shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State in which you reside, without regard to its conflicts of laws provisions. To the extent that the terms of this Agreement conflict with applicable state or federal law, such state or federal law shall replace such conflicting terms only to the extent required by law. Unless expressly stated otherwise, all other terms of this Agreement shall remain in full force and effect. Unless our account agreement with you states otherwise, you agree that any claim or dispute you may have against us (other than those which are arbitrated under Section 35 (Arbitration) above) must be resolved by a court located in the county in which you reside. You agree to submit to the personal jurisdiction of such courts for the purpose of litigating all claims or disputes unless said claim is submitted to arbitration under Section 35 (Arbitration) of this Agreement. The United Nations Convention on Contracts for the International Sale of Goods shall not apply to this Agreement. Both parties agree to waive any right to have a jury participate in the resolution of any dispute or claim between the parties or any of their respective Affiliates arising under this Agreement.
37. Indemnification. You agree to defend, indemnify and hold harmless us and our Affiliates and Service Providers and their Affiliates and the employees and contractors of each of these, from any loss, damage, claim or demand (including attorney’s fees) made or incurred by any third party due to or arising out of your breach of this Agreement and/or your use of the Site or the applicable Account to Account Transfer Service.
38. Release. You release us and our Affiliates and Service Providers and the employees and contractors of each of these, from any and all claims, demands and damages (actual and consequential) of every kind and nature arising out of or in any way connected with any dispute that may arise between you or one or more other users of the Site or the applicable Account to Account Transfer Service. In addition, if applicable to you, you waive California Civil Code §1542, which states that a general release does not extend to claims which the creditor does not know or suspect to exist in his favor at the time of executing the release, which if not known by him must have materially affected his settlement with the debtor.
39. No Waiver. We shall not be deemed to have waived any rights or remedies hereunder unless such waiver is in writing and signed by one of our authorized representatives. No delay or omission on our part in exercising any rights or remedies shall operate as a waiver of such rights or remedies or any other rights or remedies. A waiver on any one occasion shall not be construed as a bar or waiver of any rights or remedies on future occasions.
40. Exclusions of Warranties. THE SITE AND ACCOUNT TO ACCOUNT TRANSFER SERVICE AND RELATED DOCUMENTATION ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF TITLE, MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. IN PARTICULAR, WE DO NOT GUARANTEE CONTINUOUS, UNINTERRUPTED OR SECURE ACCESS TO ANY PART OF OUR ACCOUNT TO ACCOUNT TRANSFER SERVICE, AND OPERATION OF OUR SITE MAY BE INTERFERED WITH BY NUMEROUS FACTORS OUTSIDE OF OUR CONTROL. SOME STATES DO NOT ALLOW THE DISCLAIMER OF CERTAIN IMPLIED WARRANTIES, SO THE FOREGOING DISCLAIMERS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. THIS PARAGRAPH GIVES YOU SPECIFIC LEGAL RIGHTS AND YOU MAY ALSO HAVE OTHER LEGAL RIGHTS THAT VARY FROM STATE TO STATE.
41. Limitation of Liability. THE FOREGOING SHALL CONSTITUTE YOUR EXCLUSIVE REMEDIES AND THE ENTIRE LIABILITY OF US AND OUR AFFILIATES AND SERVICE PROVIDERS AND THE EMPLOYEES AND CONTRACTORS OF EACH OF THESE, FOR THE ACCOUNT TO ACCOUNT TRANSFER SERVICE AND THE PORTION OF THE SITE THROUGH WHICH THE ACCOUNT TO ACCOUNT TRANSFER SERVICE IS OFFERED. YOU ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT FROM TIME TO TIME, THE ACCOUNT TO ACCOUNT TRANSFER SERVICE MAY BE DELAYED, INTERRUPTED OR DISRUPTED PERIODICALLY FOR AN INDETERMINATE AMOUNT OF TIME DUE TO CIRCUMSTANCES BEYOND OUR REASONABLE CONTROL, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO ANY INTERRUPTION, DISRUPTION OR FAILURE IN THE PROVISION OF THE ACCOUNT TO ACCOUNT TRANSFER SERVICE, WHETHER CAUSED BY STRIKES, POWER FAILURES, EQUIPMENT MALFUNCTIONS INTERNET DISRUPTION OR OTHER REASONS. IN NO EVENT SHALL WE OR OUR AFFILIATES OR SERVICE PROVIDERS OR THE EMPLOYEES OR CONTRACTORS OF ANY OF THESE, BE LIABLE FOR ANY CLAIM ARISING FROM OR RELATED TO THE ACCOUNT TO ACCOUNT TRANSFER SERVICE CAUSED BY OR ARISING OUT OF ANY SUCH DELAY, INTERRUPTION, DISRUPTION OR SIMILAR FAILURE. IN NO EVENT SHALL WE OR OUR AFFILIATES OR SERVICE PROVIDERS OR THE EMPLOYEES OR CONTRACTORS OF ANY OF THESE, BE LIABLE FOR ANY INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, PUNITIVE OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES, INCLUDING LOSS OF GOODWILL OR LOST PROFITS (EVEN IF ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY THEREOF) ARISING IN ANY WAY OUT OF THE INSTALLATION, USE, OR MAINTENANCE OF THE ACCOUNT TO ACCOUNT TRANSFER SERVICE OR THE PORTION OF THE SITE THROUGH WHICH THE ACCOUNT TO ACCOUNT TRANSFER SERVICE IS OFFERED, EVEN IF SUCH DAMAGES WERE REASONABLY FORESEEABLE AND NOTICE WAS GIVEN REGARDING THEM. IN NO EVENT SHALL WE OR OUR AFFILIATES OR SERVICE PROVIDERS OR THE EMPLOYEES OR CONTRACTORS OF ANY OF THESE BE LIABLE FOR ANY CLAIM ARISING FROM OR RELATED TO THE ACCOUNT TO ACCOUNT TRANSFER SERVICE OR THE PORTION OF THE SITE THROUGH WHICH THE ACCOUNT TO ACCOUNT TRANSFER SERVICE IS OFFERED THAT YOU DO NOT STATE IN WRITING IN A COMPLAINT FILED IN A COURT OR ARBITRATION PROCEEDING AS DESCRIBED IN SECTIONS 35 AND 36 ABOVE WITHIN TWO (2) YEARS OF THE DATE THAT THE EVENT GIVING RISE TO THE CLAIM OCCURRED. THESE LIMITATIONS WILL APPLY TO ALL CAUSES OF ACTION, WHETHER ARISING FROM BREACH OF CONTRACT, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE) OR ANY OTHER LEGAL THEORY. OUR AGGREGATE LIABILITY, AND THE AGGREGATE LIABILITY OF OUR AFFILIATES AND SERVICE PROVIDERS AND THE EMPLOYEES AND CONTRACTORS OF EACH OF THESE, TO YOU AND ANY THIRD PARTY FOR ANY AND ALL CLAIMS OR OBLIGATIONS RELATING TO THIS AGREEMENT SHALL BE LIMITED TO DIRECT OUT OF POCKET DAMAGES UP TO A MAXIMUM OF $500 (FIVE HUNDRED DOLLARS). SOME STATES DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES SO THE ABOVE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
42. Complete Agreement, Severability, Captions, and Survival. You agree that this Agreement is the complete and exclusive statement of the agreement between us, sets forth the entire understanding between us and you with respect to the Account to Account Transfer Service and the portion of the Site through which the Account to Account Transfer Service is offered and supersedes any proposal or prior agreement, oral or written, and any other communications between us. If any provision of this Agreement is held to be invalid or unenforceable, such provision shall be struck and the remaining provisions shall be enforced. The captions of Sections in this Agreement are for convenience only and shall not control or affect the meaning or construction of any of the provisions of this Agreement. Sections 4, 12, 13, 21, 22, 27 and 32- 42 of the Agreement, as well as any other terms which by their nature should survive, will survive the termination of this Agreement. If there is a conflict between the terms of this Agreement and something stated by an employee or contractor of ours (including but not limited to its customer care personnel), the terms of the Agreement will prevail.
I. Stop Payment
You may initiate stop-payment requests online via the System only for paper checks you have written (non-electronic) on your Bank accounts. The System allows you to place a stop payment order request of up to six (6) months in duration. If you use the Services stop payment feature, then you must follow the procedures and specification described in this Agreement.
You must provide the Bank with complete and accurate information in a timely manner on: the account number, the date of the item or check; the item or check number; the EXACT amount of the item or check (dollars and cents); the payee name and the reason for the stop payment. If any information is incomplete or incorrect, the Bank will not be responsible for failing to stop payment on the item or check. Bank shall have no responsibility to determine the accuracy of such information. Stop payment requests which cover a range of checks or items that are missing or stolen will be processed without regard to the dollar amount. Bank is not responsible for stop payment requests received for items or checks that have already cleared or been paid from your account. Bank may provide you notice of the actual stop payment of a check by making such information accessible to you online via the System. Stop payment orders are effective for only six months unless renewed by you prior to expiration of the original order. From time to time, Services may be inoperable. If that occurs, your request can be communicated to the Bank by telephone instructions.
You agree to indemnify Bank against any loss for the amount of said check and all expenses, costs and consequential damages, if any, incurred by Bank because of refusing payment pursuant to your stop payment order. You agree not to hold Bank liable on account of payment contrary to your stop payment order if same occurs through inadvertence, accident or oversight, or if by reason of such payment other items drawn by you are returned insufficient. You agree that any stop payment placed on any check issued on your accounts designated on the Internet Banking Enrollment Form may be relied upon by Bank to have been placed by an agent of you duly authorized to place the stop payment, and Bank shall have no duty or obligation to verify either the authenticity of the stop payment order request or the authority of the person placing it.
We currently impose a stop payment fee for each stop payment request on a check or item. Please refer to your service fee schedule for applicable fees. This fee will be deducted from the account which the check or item was initiated or drawn on. Stop payment order on a Bill Payment will depend on the payment method and whether or not a check has cleared. To stop payment on a Bill Payment see "Bill Payment" below.
J. Bill Payment
You agree to be bound by the CheckFree Terms of Service , our third party bill payment service provider as defined in the terms and conditions outlined when you sign up for Bill Pay service.
K. Overdrafts (Order of Payments, Transfers, and other Withdrawals)
If your account has insufficient funds to perform all electronic fund transfers you have requested for a given business day, then:
Electronic funds transfers involving currency disbursements, such as ATM withdrawals, will have priority;
L. Business Days
For purposes of this Agreement, our business days are Monday through Friday, excluding Federal holidays.
M. Contact in Event of Unauthorized Transfers
If you believe that your User ID and Password has been lost or stolen, or that someone has transferred or may transfer money from your account without your permission, call us at (530) 894-1000, or write to us at 190 Cohasset Road, Chico, CA 95926.
N. Limitations on Transfers
In addition to the limitations elsewhere described, there are frequency limits that apply when transferring funds from a savings or a money market account. Federal regulations limit the number of preauthorized electronic fund transfers and telephone transfers - including transfers you request using the Service - from money market deposit and savings accounts. You may make a maximum of 6 preauthorized, automatic or telephone transfers per monthly cycle on a savings or money market account. No more than 3 of the 6 may be made by check, draft or debit to third parties, including point of sale ("POS") transactions. If you exceed these limits, we may close the account, impose a fee and/or change the account to a non-interest bearing demand deposit account. Each transfer or payment you request through the Services from your money market deposit or savings account is counted as one of the six or three limited transfers you're permitted each monthly cycle. However, payments to your loans at the Bank are not counted toward this limit. Transfers and withdrawals made in person, by messenger, by mail or at an ATM are unlimited. If a hold has been placed on deposits made to an account from which you wish to transfer funds, you cannot transfer the portion of the funds being held until the hold expires.
We will disclose information to third parties about your account or the transfers you that make:
Where it is necessary for completing transfers, or
Q. Communications between the Bank and You
Unless this Agreement provides otherwise, you can communicate with us in any one of the following ways:
E-mail -You can contact us by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org (Please note that banking transactions through System are not made via e-mail.)
R. Contacting Bank Via E-Mail
You agree and acknowledge that e-mail is not secure method of communication. You should not send an electronic mail message if you need to communicate with us immediately. Do not use e-mail to send us banking instructions or to request Services provided through the System.
Do not send account information or transaction information via e-mail. If you e-mail us or ask us to reply to you via e-mail you agree to hold us harmless from any consequences, including financial loss, resulting from any unauthorized use or disclosure of your account or personal information resulting from e-mail. Also, if you send us an electronic e-mail, it will be deemed to have received it on the following business day. The Bank will have a reasonable time to act on your e-mail. We are not required to act on any e-mail received and we are not responsible for misdirected or lost e-mails.
S. Periodic Statements
You agree that to the extent permitted by law, receipts, notices and disclosures associated with System may be provided to you by e-mail, facsimile or over the Internet, either as part of a System session or otherwise. You will not receive a separate System statement; however your transactions involving transfers to or from you deposit accounts will be reflected on your monthly account statement. You may use the System to view activity in your account as indicated on the Internet Banking Enrollment Form. You agree to notify us of any changes to your mailing or e-mail address. If you do not notify us, you will hold us harmless from any consequences, including financial loss, resulting from your failure to notify us of the change in your mailing or e-mail address.
S-1: eStatement Disclosure and User Agreement
This Agreement made between you and Golden Valley Bank is an addendum to the “Internet Banking Terms and Conditions” and forms part of the deposit account terms and conditions agreement and disclosure for the account(s) of Customer (collectively, the “Deposit Account Agreements”). In the event of conflicts between the terms of this Agreement and the terms of the Deposit Account Agreements, the terms of this Agreement shall control. Definitions as used in this Agreement; the words “we”, “our”, and “us” mean Golden Valley Bank. “You” and “your” mean the account owner(s) authorized to receive eStatements under this Agreement. “Account” or “accounts” mean your deposit accounts at Golden Valley Bank. “Business day” means Monday through Friday, excluding Federal Holidays.
This Agreement will be governed by federal law, and to the extent not preempted, by internal laws of the State of California (without regard to that state’s principles of conflicts of law). If any provision of this Agreement is found to be unenforceable according to its terms, all remaining provisions will continue in full force and effect. Any headings in this Agreement are for convenience or reference only and will not govern the interpretation of the provisions. Any waiver (express or implied) by either party of any default or breach of this Agreement must be in writing and shall not constitute a waiver of any other or subsequent default or breach. You may not assign this agreement. This eStatement Agreement is binding upon your heirs and the Bank's successors and assigns. Certain obligations of the parties pursuant to this agreement by their nature would continue beyond the termination, cancellation or expiration of the Agreement, and shall survive termination, cancellation or expiration.
By Authorizing eStatement Delivery for Your Account
When enrolling in the eStatement service through online banking, you are affirmatively consenting to receive your periodic account statements electronically. If your Golden Valley Bank account is owned jointly with another person(s), any one of you may consent to receive electronic disclosures and eStatements and that person’s election to access eStatements shall apply to all owners and/or signers.
Access to Your eStatements
An e-mail notification will be sent to you at the address provided by you to let you know when your eStatement is available for viewing. Your eStatement for your current statement cycle will be available no later than 3 business days after your cycle date. Your normal statement cut-off date will not change when you elect to receive eStatements. EStatements will be available for viewing by you for at least 12 months after the date it is posted on the online banking website as long as your account and online banking remain active during that time. You may find it advisable to print or download eStatements for permanent retention. You may request a paper statement by contacting us as provided below (see “How to Contact Us” below).
In case of emergencies and/or problems with electronic access, periodic statements and item images will be available for printing at any Golden Valley Bank branch location.
How to Discontinue Electronic Delivery of eStatements
At any time you may revoke your consent to electronic delivery and instead receive paper statements. To revoke your consent, notify us by telephone, by email, or in writing (see “How to Contact Us” below).
The withdrawal of your consent for eStatements must be received at least ten (10) days prior to the end of your normal statement cycle date. A paper statement will be mailed to the Bank's last address of record for you. You agree it is your responsibility to assure your mailing address of record on the Bank's system is accurate and current at all times.
Your User ID and password that are used to access online banking services should be kept strictly confidential. To protect the security of your banking information you must not disclose or share your password with any third party. We strongly recommend that you change your password regularly. You are responsible for keeping your password, account numbers, and other account data confidential.
In Case of Errors or Questions about Electronic Funds Transfers
Call or write to us at the phone number or address listed in the “How to Contact Us” section below immediately if you think your statement or receipt is wrong or if you need more information about a transfer on the statement or receipt. We must hear from you no later than 60 days after we sent you the FIRST statement on which the error or problem occurred.
Tell us your name and account number
Tell us the dollar amount of the suspected error.
Please refer to the Electronic Funds Transfers – Your Rights and Responsibilities disclosure in your new account packet for additional information.
In Case of Errors or Questions about Non-Electronic Transactions
Contact the bank immediately if your statement is incorrect or if you need more information about any non-electronic transactions (checks or deposits) on this statement. If any such error appears, you must notify the bank in writing no later than 30 days after the statement was made available to you. If no errors are brought to our attention within 30 days, the account will be considered correct. These timeframes apply to the date the statement was made available to you, regardless of when you access and/or review your eStatement.
Your Responsibility to Update Your Electronic Contact Information
We will send all eStatement notifications via email to the last known address provided by you. You agree to promptly notify the Bank if there is a change in your e-mail address or any other information needed to contact you electronically (see “How to Contact Us” below).
How to Contact Us
If you need to contact the Bank in any of the circumstances described above, or for any other reason, you may contact us using any of the following options:
By telephone at (530) 894-1000 or
Amendment and Termination of the eStatement Agreement by Golden Valley Bank
We may amend or change the eStatement Agreement at any time and will provide to you any notice or request for authorization required by law or regulation. If no notice or request for authorization is required by law or regulation, your continued acceptance of eStatements after the effective date of such change will constitute your acceptance of and agreement with such amendment(s). We may terminate this Agreement, and immediately either refuse to provide, or revoke access to, eStatements at any time with or without cause or prior notice. If we terminate your access to our online banking service you will no longer receive eStatements and statements will be sent to the mailing address currently on file at the time access is terminated. Neither termination nor discontinuation of your access to our online banking service shall affect your liability or obligation under this Agreement.
Limitation of Liability
We will use our best efforts to deliver your eStatements in a timely manner and in accordance with any applicable time required by law. However, we shall incur no liability if we are unable to deliver your eStatements because of circumstances including (but not limited to) the following: Our online banking system is not functioning properly, and you know or have been advised by us of the malfunction, or 2) Your equipment or Internet access is not working properly, or 3) Internet service is interrupted (e.g. due to traffic or other disruptions), or 4) Circumstances beyond our control (including, but not limited to, fire, flood, interruption in telephone service or other communication lines, interference from an outside force, legal restriction or delays in mail service) which prevent proper delivery, and we have taken reasonable precautions within our control to avoid such circumstances. To the extent permitted by law or regulation, we hereby disclaim all other warranties, express or implied, including warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose, and in no event shall we be liable for any special indirect, incidental, or consequential damages whatsoever resulting from the loss or use of data, whether or not advised of the possibility of such loss or damage.
Agreement Regarding Your Use of eStatements
You agree not to alter or use the eStatements for any unauthorized, fraudulent, or other illegal purpose. By applying for and accessing eStatements, you agree to be bound by any and all laws, rules, regulations and official issuances applicable to eStatements now existing or which may hereafter be enacted, issued, or enforced, as well as such other terms and conditions governing the use of other facilities, benefits or services that Golden Valley Bank may from time to time make available to you in connection with eStatements. This Agreement is subject to all applicable laws and regulations, recognized banking customs, the Bank’s fee schedule in effect at the time an online banking service is used, and other requirements as set forth in “Understanding Your Account” agreement and disclosure statement, as amended from time to time. In addition, this Agreement shall be deemed null and void upon the closing of an account and all online banking services established for and available to such accounts shall be immediately terminated.
T. Consent to Electronic Delivery of Notices
You agree that any notice or other type of communication provided to you pursuant to the terms of this Agreement, and any future disclosures required by law, including electronic fund transfer disclosures, may be made electronically by posting the notice on the Bank System web site or by e-mail, unless otherwise required by law. You agree to notify us immediately of any change in your e-mail address.
U. Disclaimer of Warranty and Limitation of Liability
We make no warranty of any kind, express or implied, including any implied warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose, the existence of any latent or patent defects, viruses, or the accuracy or freedom from error, of the data or the program used by or furnished to Bank or to you by licenser or others, in connection with the System or Services provided to you under this Agreement. Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, the Bank makes no representation or warranty, express or implied, against any infringement of any proprietary rights of any other party. Customer assumes the entire risk as to the quality and performance of the Service, the suitability of the service, and with respect to any documentation. This paragraph shall survive the termination of this Agreement by either account holder or the Bank, and also limits the liability of any agent, employee or affiliate of the Bank. We do not and cannot warrant that System will operate without errors, or that any or all Services will be available and operational at all times.
Except as specifically provided in this Agreement, or otherwise required by law, you agree that our officers, directors, employees, agents or contractors are not liable for any indirect, incidental, special or consequential damages under or by reason of any services or products provided under this Agreement or by reason of your use of or access to System, including loss of profits, revenue, data or use by you or any third party, whether in an action in contract or tort or based on a warranty. Further, in no event, unless specifically stated otherwise in this Agreement, shall the liability of Bank and its affiliates exceed the amounts paid by you for the services provided to you through System.
If any provision of this Agreement is found to be unenforceable according to its terms, all remaining provisions will continue in full force and effect.
The headings in this Agreement are for convenience or reference only and will not govern the interpretation of the provisions.
Any waiver (express or implied) by either party of any default or breach of this Agreement must be in writing and shall not constitute a waiver of any other or subsequent default or breach.
You may not assign this Agreement. The Bank may assign this Agreement either in part or in whole at any time and with or without notice to you. This Agreement is binding upon your heirs and Bank's successors and assigns.
Z. Entire Agreement
This Agreement, (together with the Internet Banking Enrollment Form for business customers), constitutes the entire agreement between you and Bank with respect to the subject matter in this Agreement and there are no understandings or agreements relative to this Agreement which are not fully expressed in this Agreement.
AA. Change in Terms
Bank may from time to time and any time amend, modify, add or delete (collectively and individually a "change") the terms of this Agreement with or without notice unless prohibited by applicable law. A change may include a change to existing terms, a change in terms, a change that involves a new term or a change that involves conditions not otherwise contemplated by account holder or Bank at the time this Agreement is entered. If advance notice of the change is not required, and disclosure does not jeopardize the security of the account or our electronic fund transfer system, you agree that we may notify you of the change in terms by mail or by posting a notice on our website. Further you agree that your continued use of the Services constitutes your agreement to the change. If you wish to decline to be bound by the change, you must terminate the account or discontinue the System to which the change relates; otherwise you will be deemed to have accepted and agreed to the change.
We reserve the right to terminate this Agreement or limit your use of System at any time and for any reason at our discretion reserve the right to cancel this Agreement at any time, with or without cause and without prior notice. Examples of when we may cancel this Agreement and the use of the Online Banking service without prior notice include, but are not limited to:
If you breach this or any other agreement we may have with you.
CC. Governing Law
This Agreement is governed by applicable federal laws and the laws of the State of California (except to the extent this Agreement can and does vary such rules or laws).
II. Terms and Conditions for Consumers Only
This Section II applies only to Consumer and Consumer Transactions.
A. Liability for Unauthorized Use
Tell us AT ONCE if you believe that your User ID and Password has been lost or stolen. Telephoning is the best way of keeping your possible losses down. You could lose all the money in your account (plus your maximum overdraft line of credit if you have one).
If you tell us within two business days, you can lose no more $50.00 if someone used your User ID and Password without your permission. If you do NOT tell us within two business days after you learn of the loss or theft of your User ID and Password, and we can prove that we could have stopped someone from using the User ID and Password without your permission if you had told us, you could lose as much as $500.00.
Also, if your statement shows transfers that you did not make, tell us at once. If you do not tell us within 60 days after the statement was mailed to you, you may not get back any money you lost after the 60 days if we can prove that we could have stopped someone from taking the money if you had told us in time.
If delay in notification is due to a bona fide reason (such as a long trip or extended hospital stay) the Bank reserves the right to extend the notification period at our sole discretion.
B. Error Resolution
Telephone us at (530) 894-1000 or write us at 190 Cohasset Road, Chico, CA 95926, as soon as you can, if you think your statement or receipt is wrong or if you need more information about a transfer listed on the statement or receipt.
We must hear from you no later than 60 days after we sent the FIRST statement on which the problem or error appeared.
Tell us your name and account number (if any).
Describe the error or the transfer you are unsure about, and explain as clearly as you can why you believe it is an error or why you need more information.
Tell us the dollar amount of the suspected error
If you tell us orally, we may require that you send us your complaint or question in writing within 10 business days.
We will determine whether an error occurred within 10 business days after we hear from you and will correct any error promptly. If we need more time, however, we may take up to 45 days to investigate your complaint or question. If we decide to do this, we will credit your account within 10 business days for the amount you think is in error, so that you will have the use of the money during the time it takes us to complete our investigation. If we ask you to put your complaint or question in writing and we do not receive it within 10 business days, we may not credit your account.
For errors involving new accounts, point-of-sale, or foreign-initiated transactions, we may take up to 90 days to investigate your complaint or question. For new accounts, we may take up to 20 business days to credit your account for the amount you think is in error.
We will tell you the results within three business days after completing our investigation. If we decide that there was no error, we will send you a written explanation. You may ask for copies of the documents that we used in our investigation.
C. Preauthorized Payments
Right to stop payment and the procedure for doing so: If you have told us in advance to make regular preauthorized payments out of your account, you can stop any of these preauthorized payments. Here’s how: Call us at (530) 894-1000 or write us at 190 Cohasset Road, Chico, CA 95926, in time for us to receive your request three business days or more before the payment is scheduled to be made. If you call, we may also require you to put your request in writing and get it to us within 14 days after you call. We will charge you a fee for each stop payment order you give.
Liability for failure to stop payments of preauthorized transfers: If you order us to stop one of these payments 1 day or more before the transfer is scheduled, and we do not do so, we will be liable for your losses or damages proximately caused by us.
Periodic statements: You will get a monthly account statement (unless there are no transfers in a particular month). In any case you will get a statement at least quarterly.
D. Financial Institution's Liability
If we do not complete a transfer to or from your account on time or in the correct amount according to our agreement with you, we will be liable for your losses or damages proximately caused by us. However, there are some exceptions. We will not be liable, for instance:
E. Fees and Charges
You agree to pay the fees and charges for your use of System as we have established and may amend from time to time. These fees and charges will be in addition to any charges associated with the account you maintain with the Bank. Our schedule of fees for System is set forth in the Bank’s Schedule of Fees. You agree that all such fees and charges will be deducted from the Bank checking account designated in this Agreement. If you close your account, you must contact us immediately to designate another account. You agree to pay any additional reasonable charges for services you request, which are not covered by this Agreement. You are also responsible for telephone and Internet service fees you incur in connection with your use of System.
Thank you for using the Mobile Money Services (“Services”) and any related Software (“Software”) provided by Golden Valley Bank (“Financial Institution”) combined with your handheld's text messaging capabilities. By participating in the Services or using the Software, you are agreeing to the following terms and conditions, in addition to any terms and conditions to which you have previously agreed with respect to the underlying electronic banking and bill pay services of which the Service is a part. Financial Institution in its discretion may modify these Terms and Conditions at any time. Standard messaging charges apply.
Terms and Conditions
Restrictions on Use
You agree not to use the Services and Software in or for any illegal, fraudulent, unauthorized or improper manner or purpose and will only be used in compliance with all applicable laws, rules and regulations, including all applicable state, federal, and international Internet, data, telecommunications, telemarketing, “spam,” and import/export laws and regulations, including the U.S. Export Administration Regulations. Without limiting the foregoing, you agree that you will not use the Services and Software to transmit or disseminate: (i) junk mail, spam, or unsolicited material to persons or entities that have not agreed to receive such material or to whom you do not otherwise have a legal right to send such material; (ii) material that infringes or violates any third party’s intellectual property rights, rights of publicity, privacy, or confidentiality, or the rights or legal obligations of any wireless service provider or any of its clients or subscribers; (iii) material or data, that is illegal, or material or data, as determined by Financial Institution (in its sole discretion), that is harassing, coercive, defamatory, libelous, abusive, threatening, obscene, or otherwise objectionable, materials that are harmful to minors or excessive in quantity, or materials the transmission of which could diminish or harm the reputation of Financial Institution or any third-party service provider involved in the provision of the Services; or (iv) material or data that is alcoholic beverage-related (e.g., beer, wine, or liquor), tobacco-related (e.g., cigarettes, cigars, pipes, chewing tobacco), guns or weapons-related (e.g., firearms, bullets), illegal drugs-related (e.g., marijuana, cocaine), pornographic-related (e.g., adult themes, sexual content), crime-related (e.g., organized crime, notorious characters), violence-related (e.g., violent games), death-related (e.g., funeral homes, mortuaries), hate-related (e.g. racist organizations), gambling-related (e.g., casinos, lotteries), specifically mentions any wireless carrier or copies or parodies the products or Services of any wireless carrier; (v) viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time bombs, cancelbots, or other computer programming routines that are intended to damage, detrimentally interfere with, surreptitiously intercept or expropriate any system, data, or personal information; (vi) any material or information that is false, misleading, or inaccurate; (vii) any material that would expose Financial Institution, any third-party service provider involved in providing the Services, or any other third party to liability; or (viii) any signal or impulse that could cause electrical, magnetic, optical, or other technical harm to the equipment or facilities of Fiserv or any third party. You agree that you will not attempt to: (i) access any Software or Services for which your use has not been authorized; or (ii) use or attempt to use a third party’s account; or (iii) interfere in any manner the provision of the Services or Software, the security of the Services or Software, or other customers of the Services or Software, or otherwise abuse the Services or Software.
The following Terms and Conditions (“Agreement”) apply to our Mobile Banking services MyGVB Mobile (defined below).
This agreement is a supplement to Golden Valley Bank’s Internet Banking Agreement. By accepting this Agreement and using MyGVB Mobile Banking, you agree to all the terms, conditions and notices contained in this Agreement and accept responsibility for your use of MyGVB Mobile Banking. Please read this Agreement carefully before accepting. We may amend these terms, and modify or cancel the mobile services and features we offer from time to time without notice, except as may be required by law.
We may offer additional mobile services and features in the future. Any such added mobile services and features will be governed by this Agreement and by any terms and conditions provided to you at the time the new mobile service or feature is added and/or at the time of enrollment for the feature or service if applicable.
Any deposit account accessed through this Service is also subject to the Deposit Account Terms and Conditions and Electronic Funds Transfer Disclosure (Account Disclosures) applicable to your account(s). You should review the Account Disclosures carefully, as they may include transaction limitations and fees which might apply to your use of MyGVB Mobile Banking.
Definition of Terms. As used in this Agreement, the following words have the meanings given below:
Enrollment/Registration/Activation. MyGVB Mobile Banking is offered as a convenience and a supplemental service to your banking with us including our Online Banking Services. It is not intended to replace access to Online Banking from your personal computer or other methods you use for managing your Accounts and services with us.
To enroll in MyGVB Mobile Banking, you must have at least one active Account in good standing. You must have a Device to use with Mobile Banking.
You may enroll in MyGVB Mobile Banking from your personal computer and register your Device by following instructions on our Enrollment/Registration page at www.goldenvalleybank.com. To register a Device, you must be the authorized user for the assigned number for the Device. You agree to provide us with true, accurate, current and complete information during the enrollment/registration process.
Maintaining Your MyGVB Mobile Banking Profile. Once you enroll and activate MyGVB Mobile Banking, you will have access to your Mobile Banking profile page (“profile page”) within Online Banking at www.goldenvalleybank.com. You agree to keep current any information about you and your Device on this profile page as long as you are enrolled in MyGVB Mobile Banking.
Mobile Banking Cancellation. You may cancel Mobile Banking at any time on your profile page within Online Banking at www.goldenvalley.bank or by calling us at (530)894-1000. You can cancel mobile text messaging by texting STOP to 31727.
Description of MyGVB Mobile Banking
MyGVB Mobile enables anyone with an online banking account to access their account information from a mobile device. MyGVB Mobile offers three ways to access your accounts:
You can choose any or all of these options, depending on the capabilities of your mobile device.
SMS Text Messaging Service (31727)
Use the SMS text messaging service to:
Mobile Browser Service
Use the mobile browser service to:
Downloadable Application Service
Use the downloadable application service to:
We may also limit the types and number of Accounts eligible for MyGVB Mobile Banking. Mobile Banking may not be supportable for all devices or for all carriers at all times. GVB cannot guarantee the availability of underlying data services provided by your mobile carrier, i.e. we are not responsible for carrier data delays, outages and/or “out of range” issues.
Specific information concerning the methods and account services currently offered are provided to you at www.goldenvalleybank.com at any time prior to or after you sign up for Mobile Banking.
Description of MyGVB Mobile Banking Commands.
Listed below are the MyGVB Mobile commands available for your use with SMS Text Message Service. We may change these commands from time to time. The most current list of commands is available at www.goldenvalley.bank or by texting HELP or HLP to 31727.
"B", "BAL", "BALANCE" or "BALANCES”: You may view the Available Balance of your Account at the time of your request.
"STMT", "TRAN" or "HIST": You may view your most recent transaction history in up to 5 transactions for each Account designated by you. You may view your transaction history in increments of 10 transactions for each Account designated by you. Not all pending transactions (e.g. pending debit card transactions, deposits, holds, and legal holds) are displayed. We may change the length of time that transaction history is available without prior notice. Transaction history on MyGVB Mobile Banking does not replace the periodic statements for your Account.
“HELP” or “HLP”: Request basic customer support for Mobile Banking.
“STOP”: You may cancel Mobile Banking at any time by sending a text request with the STOP command from your registered Device. If you have registered more than one Device for Mobile Banking, using the STOP command will cancel Mobile Banking only on the device from which you send the STOP command.
"ATM" plus the ZIP code, city or state for the ATM: to locate ATM.
"BRANCH" plus the ZIP code, city or state for the branch: to locate a branch.
"BOTH" plus the ZIP code, city or state for the branch: to locate ATM’s and branches.
Mobile Deposit Terms and Conditions provide the general rules that apply to Customer's use of Golden Valley Bank's MyGVB Mobile Deposit for remote deposit capture services.
Mobile Deposit Description
The remote deposit capture service ("Mobile Deposit" or "Service") is designed to allow you to make deposits to your checking, money market checking or savings accounts from your camera-enabled mobile device capable of capturing check images and information and electronically delivering the items and associated deposit information to the Bank or the Bank's designated processor. The device must capture an image of the front and back of each check to be deposited in accordance with the Procedures; must read and capture the magnetic ink character recognition ("MICR") line on each check; and must read and capture all such other data and information as is required by this Agreement or Federal Reserve regulations for the processing of these checks for payment.
Customer agrees that the remote deposit capture services using Mobile Deposit shall be governed by these terms and conditions and other relevant terms of the agreement(s) governing the deposit account into which checks are deposited ((including, but not limited to, Golden Valley Bank's Mobile Banking Agreement & Disclosure, Deposit Account Terms and Conditions, Electronic Funds Transfer Disclosure, Fee Schedule, Funds Availability, and Truth in Savings disclosures, (Account Disclosures) as applicable)), and that Bank may change the terms and conditions for Mobile Deposit at any time.
Mobile Deposit Funds Availability
Golden Valley Bank will generally apply the Bank’s Funds Availability Policy and Schedule to all items received through Mobile Deposit as if we had received the original check. However, in addition to the exceptions specified in the Funds Availability Policy, we may delay availability of funds from any deposit you make through Mobile Deposit at any time, in our sole discretion, including due to any concern we may have regarding our ability to collect based upon our review of any imaged item presented for deposit. If a check hold is determined to be warranted after your mobile deposit has been reviewed, Bank staff will place a hold on the funds and mail you a notice of delayed availability no later than the following business day after the deposit was initially credited.
Mobile Deposit Conditions and Requirements
In order to enroll in the Service, you must be designated as an authorized signer or owner of a Golden Valley Bank Account (the "Account") that is eligible for this Service, and be enrolled in MyGVB Mobile. As conditions to Bank's provision of the Service, you shall (a) maintain the Account in good standing and (b) comply with such restrictions on the Service as we may communicate to you from time to time.
Customer shall at all times maintain an account with Golden Valley Bank. As part of Mobile Deposit, the Bank reserves the right to periodically audit Customer's remote deposit capture, security, and information technology processes, and to require Customer to implement reasonable and necessary controls, subject to the Bank's sole discretion.
Hardware and Software requirements for Mobile Deposit
You must have a Mobile Device that is acceptable to us and a wireless plan from a compatible mobile wireless provider. You must also use the operating system(s) and software that satisfies all technical specifications and other requirements that we and/or our service provider(s) establish and specify. We and/or our service provider(s) may change these specifications and/or requirements from time to time. The Bank is not responsible for any third party software you may need to use the Services. You agree that you will perform, or cause to be performed by properly trained personnel, all vendor recommended maintenance, repairs, upgrades and replacements. Unless otherwise provided in this Agreement, you are solely responsible, at your own expense, for purchasing, installing, operating, testing and maintaining all hardware and software necessary to use the Service. You must install and test your Mobile Device, your system, and any other required hardware and software before you make your first deposit through the Service. You accept any such software "as is" and subject to the terms and conditions of the software agreement that you enter into directly with the third party software provider at the time of download and installation. We are not responsible for, and you release us from, any and all claims or damages resulting from, or related to, any computer virus or related problems that may be associated with using the Service, e-mail or the Internet. You agree that all images and files transmitted to us through the Service will contain no viruses or any other disabling features that may have an adverse impact on our network, data, or related systems.
The Bank reserves the right to establish and assign to you deposit limits for the Service (including limits on the dollar amount and/or number of Checks that you may transmit through the Service each day) and to modify such limits from time to time in the Bank's sole discretion, and you agree to comply with all such limits. Our current daily per item limits for Business Mobile App users is $10,000 per day. The deposit limit is $10,000 per day. Our current daily per item limits for Personal Mobile App users is $5,000 per day. The deposit limit is $5,000 per day.
Customer shall upload the Electronic Deposit transmission to Golden Valley Bank prior to the daily 5:30 PM PST cut-off time established for the receipt of Electronic Deposits. Any Electronic Deposit transmission received by the Bank after its daily 5:30 PM PST cut-off time shall be deemed to have been received at the opening of the next banking day. Performance of the Electronic Deposit Services may be affected by external factors such as communication networks latency. Customer is responsible for the transmission of the Electronic Deposit until the Remote Deposit Capture System reports a successful acknowledgment of receipt of the transmission.
Golden Valley Bank shall not be liable to Customer for failure to process an Electronic Deposit, or any error that results in processing or collecting an Electronic Deposit: (i) for which Customer has not provided the Bank with full and correct MICR Data and dollar amount from the original paper check; (ii) for which Customer has not provided an accurate and legible image of the original paper check, (iii) for which Customer has failed to comply with formatting standards or other guidelines required by the Bank; or (iv) which would violate this Agreement or any other agreement between Customer and Golden Valley Bank.
Fees and Charges for Mobile Deposit
The Bank offers the benefits and convenience of the Services to you free. The Bank reserves the right to charge fees for the Services in the future.
Eligible Deposit Items
Only a draft, payable on demand, and drawn on or payable through or at an office of a bank, is eligible for deposit as a Check Image. Without limiting the generality of the preceding sentence, the following items are not eligible for deposit as Check Images under Mobile Deposit, and Customer must deposit these original paper checks with Golden Valley Bank for collection: (i) U.S. Treasury Checks, (ii) checks, including travelers checks, that are drawn on banks located outside of the United States, (iii) checks payable in a medium other than U.S. dollars, (iv) non-cash items (as defined under Section 229.2(u) of Federal Reserve's Regulation CC), (v) promissory notes and similar obligations, such as savings bonds, (vi) third party checks, (vii) Substitute Checks, (viii) items drawn off of the Customer's Golden Valley Bank account, and (ix) any other class of checks or drafts as identified by the Bank to Customer from time to time.
Endorsements and Procedures
You agree to restrictively endorse any item transmitted through the Services as "FOR MOBILE DEPOSIT ONLY, (bank name) account # " or as otherwise instructed by the Bank. You agree to follow any and all other procedures and instructions for use of the Services as the Bank may establish from time to time. Endorsements must be made on the back of the check. Any loss we incur from a delay or processing error resulting from an irregular endorsement or other markings by you will be your responsibility. For a check payable to you and any joint owner(s) of your Bank account, the check must be endorsed by all such payees and you may only use Mobile Deposit to deposit such check into a Bank account jointly owned by all such payees. If the check is payable to you or your joint owner, either of you can endorse it. If the check is made payable to you and any non-joint owner, you may not deposit the check into your Bank account using the Services.
Check requirements (including image quality)
The image of an item transmitted to the Bank using the Services must be legible and contain images of the front and back of the Check. The image quality of the items must comply with the requirements established from time to time by the American National Standards Institute ("ANSI"), the Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve Board, or any other regulatory agency, clearing house or association. These requirements include, but are not limited to, ensuring the following information can clearly be read and understood by sight review of the Check image: the amount of the Check (both written and numeric); the payee; the signature of the drawer (maker); the date; the Check number; the information identifying the drawer and the paying financial institution that is preprinted on the Check including the MICR line; and all other information placed on the Check prior to the time of an image of the Check is captured (such as any required identification written on the front of the Check and any endorsements applied to the back of the Check). Customer acknowledges that current image technology may not capture all security features (e.g. watermarks) contained in the original paper checks, and agrees to assume any and all losses resulting from claims based on security features that do not survive the image process.
Collection of Check Images
Notwithstanding anything to the contrary in this Agreement, the Bank may in its sole discretion determine the manner in which the Bank will seek to collect a Check Image deposited by Customer. Without limiting the generality of the preceding sentence, the Bank may, at its option: (i) present or transfer the Check Image to the paying bank, a Federal Reserve Bank, image share/exchange network, or other collecting bank; (ii) create a Substitute Check from the Check Image and collect the Substitute Check; or (iii) request that Customer provide to the Bank the original paper check from which the Check Image was created and then collect the original paper check.
Rejection of deposits
After we receive Check images and all other required deposit information from you through the Service, we shall provisionally credit your designated account for the total amount of such Checks. The provisional credit is subject to final payment of the Checks and is also subject to your Account Agreement. You agree that all deposits received by us are subject to verification and final inspection and may be rejected by us in our sole discretion, and you shall be liable to the Bank for any errors, inaccuracies, breach of warranties and any other loss sustained by, or claim made against the Bank relating to such deposits. The Bank is not liable for any service or late charges that may be imposed against you due to the Bank's rejection of any Check that you transmit for deposit through the Service. In all cases, you are responsible for any loss or overdraft plus any applicable fees to your account due to a Check being returned. You acknowledge and agree that, while we normally provide notice of rejected deposits, we may reject any Check transmitted through the Service in our sole discretion without notice to you, and we will not be liable for any such rejection or failure to notify you of such rejection. If we reject a Check for remote deposit, you must physically deposit the original Check.
Golden Valley Bank reserves the right to reject any deposit (as an Electronic Deposit or otherwise) for any reason. Golden Valley Bank will notify the Customer of the rejection of any deposit.
Customer agrees that the Bank may charge the account of Customer for any and all returned items, including a returned Check Image.
Re-presentment of Returns
In the event Golden Valley Bank, in its sole discretion, determines that it requires the original paper check for re-presentment in order to collect a returned Check Image, Customer shall be responsible for providing to the Bank the original paper check, or if the original paper check has been destroyed, for obtaining a replacement check.
You are solely responsible for verifying that Checks that you deposit by using the Service have been received and accepted for deposit by the Bank. The Bank will provide you with notice of any deposits that it is unable to process because Checks were returned unpaid by the payor financial institution. You agree to accept such notices at your e-mail address on file with us, but we may choose any reasonable method for providing such notices to you. In the event that the Bank credits your account for a Check that is subsequently dishonored and returned, you authorize the Bank to debit the amount of such Check plus any associated fees from the account. To the extent that funds in your account are insufficient to cover such amount, we shall debit the deficiency amount from any of your other account(s) with the Bank in our sole discretion. Our right to charge your account(s) will apply without regard to whether the Check was timely returned or whether there is any other claim or defense that the Check was improperly returned. You understand and agree, that since the original Check is your property, it will not be returned and the Bank may charge back an image of the Check, an ACH debit, or other electronic or paper debit, as applicable, to your account. You further agree that any image that we charge back may be in the form of an electronic or paper reproduction of the original Check or a substitute check. You may not use the Service to deposit a substitute check and you may not deposit the original Check through the Service or in any other manner if you receive a dishonored Check. You agree to comply with any additional instructions we may provide to you in connection with returned Checks.
Availability of Service/Contingency
In the event you are unable to capture, balance, process, produce or transmit a file to the Bank, or otherwise comply with the terms or the Procedures for any reason, including but not limited to, communications, equipment or software outages, interruptions or failures, you will transport or mail the originals of all checks to the Bank. The deposit of original checks at the Bank shall be governed by the terms and conditions of the Deposit Account Agreement and not by the terms of this Agreement.
Storage, security and destruction/disposal deposited checks
The bank will not notify you once a deposit has been accepted. It is your responsibility to verify your deposit has been accepted by reviewing your account history through any available channel (mobile banking, online banking, etc.) After you verify your deposit has been accepted, you must securely store the original Check for 14 days after transmission to us and make the original Check accessible to us at our request. Upon our request from time to time, you will deliver to us within two Business Days, at your expense, the requested original Check in your possession. If not provided in a timely manner, such amount will be reversed from your account. To mitigate against potential fraud or the presentment of duplicate items, Customer agrees to clearly mark on the original paper check that the item has been deposited electronically, after successfully capturing the Check Image and receiving confirmation that the item was received and accepted for deposit by the Bank. Promptly after the 14-day retention period expires, you must destroy the original Check by first marking it "VOID" and then destroying it by cross-cut shredding or another commercially acceptable means of destruction. After destruction of the original Check, the image will be the sole evidence of the original Check. You agree that you will never re- present the original Check. You understand that you are responsible if anyone is asked to make a payment based on an original check that has already been paid.
Presenting checks more than once
Once you have used the Service to deposit a Check you agree not to present, or allow anyone else to present, that original Check or a substitute check of that original Check again for deposit through the Service or by any other means. If you or anyone else present a Check or substitute check for deposit more than once, in violation of this Agreement, you agree to indemnify, defend and hold the Bank harmless from and against all liability and damages that may result from any claims, suits or demands from third parties with respect to such Check or substitute check. You agree that we may debit from your Bank account the aggregate amount of any Checks that are deposited more than once. To the extent that funds in your account are insufficient to cover such amount, we shall debit the deficiency amount from any other of your account(s) with the Bank in our sole discretion. Presentment of checks more than once will result in a termination of your mobile deposit access and MyGVB Mobile
Representations and Warranties for Deposited Checks
With respect to each Check Image or Electronic Deposit that Customer transmits to the Bank, Customer is deemed to make any representation or warranty that would have applied had Customer deposited the original paper check. In addition Customer is deemed to make to the Bank any representation or warranty that the Bank makes, under applicable law, clearinghouse rule, Federal Reserve Operating Circular, bi-lateral agreement or otherwise, to any person (including without limitation a collecting Golden Valley Bank, a Federal Reserve Bank, a Receiving Depository Financial Institution, a paying bank, a returning bank, the drawee, the drawer, any endorser, or any other transferee) when the Bank transfers, presents or originates the Electronic Deposit or Check Image, or a Substitute Check created from that Check Image. These representations and warranties include but are not limited to, that: (a) the transmissions contain accurate images of the front and back of the original checks; (b) the transmissions contain all necessary endorsements up until the original checks are imaged; and (c) no depository bank, drawee, drawer, or endorser will be asked to make a payment based on an item that it has already paid.
With respect to each Check Image or Electronic Deposit that Customer transmits to Golden Valley Bank, Customer shall indemnify and hold Golden Valley Bank harmless from and against any and all claims, demands, damages, losses, liabilities, penalties and expenses (including, without limitation, reasonable attorney fees and court costs at trial or on appeal) arising directly or indirectly: (a) from Customer's breach of a representation or warranty as set forth in section 12 above, (b) as a result of any act or omission of Customer in the capturing, creation or transmission of the Check Image or Electronic Deposit, including without limitation the encoding of the MICR Data from the original paper check; (c) from any duplicate, fraudulent or unauthorized check, Check Image or Substitute Check; or (d) for any loss caused by the Bank's acceptance or creation of a Check Image instead of presentment of the original paper check; or (e) from any other act or omission arising out of the Bank's action or inaction taken pursuant to any request by Customer or pursuant to this Agreement.
Electronic Communications Consent. By accepting this Agreement and using MyGVB Mobile Banking, you agree to receive Electronic Communications (including notices and disclosures required by law or regulation) about Mobile Banking services via your Device and/or at www.goldenvalleybank.com. To receive an Electronic Communication from us, your Device must be web-enabled and/or capable of receiving text messages. If an Electronic Communication is required by law or regulation, we will provide the Electronic Communication via your Device and in addition, at www.goldenvalleybank.com in a form which you can print and retain for your records. If you want a paper version of any Electronic Communication or to withdraw your consent to receive Electronic Communications about Mobile Banking services, you may call the customer service number in the Notices/Contact Information section below; you will not be charged a fee for the paper version. If you withdraw your consent to receive Electronic Communications, we may terminate your MyGVB Mobile Banking service.
Your Mobile Banking Responsibilities. In addition to the terms and conditions in other sections of this Agreement and your Responsibilities in the Electronic Funds Transfers Provisions section below:
You agree to monitor your Account and important Account information through your Online Banking Service, periodic statements for your Account, if applicable and important notices about your Account delivered by us electronically or by mail, in addition to any services or information you may receive through MyGVB Mobile Banking. You agree to keep informed of any changes to MyGVB Mobile Banking by regularly visiting your profile page and our web site at www.goldenvalleybank.com.
You agree to take every precaution to ensure the safety, security and integrity of your Account and transactions when using MyGVB Mobile Banking. You agree not to leave your Device unattended while logged into MyGVB Mobile Banking and to log off immediately at the completion of each access by you. You agree not to provide your password or other access information to any other person. If you do, we will not be liable for any damage resulting to you. You agree not to use any personally identifiable information when creating shortcuts to your Account.
You agree to notify us immediately if you lose, or change or cancel the number of your registered Device.
If you believe that someone may have unauthorized access to your Mobile Banking, you agree to cancel your Mobile Banking associated with the Device immediately.
You agree to comply with all applicable laws, rules and regulations in connection with MyGVB Mobile Banking. We make no representation that any content or use of MyGVB Mobile Banking is available for use in locations outside of the United States. Accessing Mobile Banking from locations outside of the United States is at your own risk, and you are responsible for compliance with local laws.
Electronic Transfers Provisions.
A. Permitted MyGVB Mobile Banking Transfers.
To request a transfer, select transfer funds via mobile web and follow the instructions provided on your mobile Device. If you submit your transfer request prior to the transfer deadline established by the Bank from time to time for Mobile Banking transfer service ("Mobile Transfer Cutoff Time"), you will initiate an immediate Internal Transfer via Mobile Banking. Mobile Transfer Cutoff Time may be different than other transfer cutoff times. Transfer requests after the Mobile Transfer Cutoff Time are treated as made the next Business Day.
You must have sufficient funds available in the selected Account at the time the transfer request is received.
Each Transfer from a savings or money market Account using Mobile Banking is counted as one of the six limited transactions permitted each monthly statement cycle period, as described in the Account Disclosures. You may be subject to fees if you exceed the transaction limits of your Account using Mobile Banking. Please see the Truth in Savings Disclosure applicable to your Account for more information. We may also limit the type, frequency and amount of transfers for security purposes and may change or impose the limits without notice, at our option.
You agree to confirm the completion of each transfer in your Account balance and transaction history before withdrawing the transferred funds. You may also call us at the customer service number in the Notices/Contact Information section below or on your statement to confirm any transfer,
B. Electronic Fund Transfer Provisions & Liability for Unauthorized EFTs (Electronic Funds Transfers).
This agreement is in addition to the banks Electronic Funds Transfer disclosure for your applicable account type. For limits and liability for unauthorized transactions, please refer to the Banks Electronic Funds Transfer Disclosure and the reverse side of your monthly account statement.
Periodic Statements. You will receive a period account statement as described in your Account Disclosures.
Notices/Contact Information. We will notify you of any changes, fees, or other information about MyGVB Mobile Banking, if required by law, via your Device, and at www.goldenvalleybank.com. Notices required to be given by us under this Agreement or by law may be sent electronically or in writing mailed to you at the mailing address set forth in the enrollment form.
Our Limited Liability for Use of MyGVB Mobile Banking. This agreement is in addition to the banks Internet Banking Agreement. The Mobile Banking services are provided to you on an “AS-IS” AND “AS-AVAILABLE” BASIS. WE DO NOT MAKE ANY WARRANTIES OR REPRESENTATIONS THAT YOU WILL HAVE CONTINUOUS OR UNINTERRUPTED ACCESS TO MOBILE BANKING OR ITS CONTENT OR FUNCTIONS, OR THAT SUCH FUNCTIONS WILL BE ERROR-FREE OR ANY ADVERTISEMENTS, OR WEBSITES IN CONNECTION WITH THAT SERVICE, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR NON-INFRINGEMENT OF THIRD-PARTY RIGHTS AND TITLE, AND ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES ARISING FROM COURSE OF DEALING OR COURSE OF PERFORMANCE. YOUR SOLE AND EXCLUSIVE REMEDY FOR ANY FAILURE OR NON-PERFORMANCE OF MOBILE BANKING (INCLUDING ANY SOFTWARE OR THEIR MATERIALS SUPPLIED IN CONNECTION WITH MOBILE BANKING) SHALL BE FOR US TO USE COMMERCIALLY REASONABLE EFFORTS TO PERFORM AN ADJUSTMENT OR REPAIR OF THE MOBILE BANKING SERVICE. Some jurisdictions do not allow the exclusion of certain warranties, so the above exclusions may not apply to you. You may also have other legal rights, which vary by state. In addition, see the Banks Electronic Funds Transfer Disclosure for limits of liability provisions for transfers made using Mobile Banking, which section applies only to the extent not consistent with this limitation of liability provision.
IN NO EVENT WILL GOLDEN VALLEY BANK OR ANY OF ITS OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, SHAREHOLDERS, PARENTS, SUBSIDIARIES, AFFILIATES, AGENTS, LICENSORS, OR THIRD PARTY SERVICE PROVIDERS BE LIABLE FOR ANY CONSEQUENTIAL (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, LOSS OF DATA, FILES, PROFIT OR GOODWILL OR THE COSTS OF PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE OF GOODS OR MOBILE BANKING), INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH YOUR USE OF MOBILE BANKING.
Indemnification. You agree to indemnify, defend, and hold Golden Valley Bank and its affiliates, officers, directors, employees, consultants, agents, Mobile service providers, and licensors harmless from any and all third party claims, liability, damages and/or costs (including but not limited to reasonable attorneys' fees) arising from (a) a third party claim, dispute, action, or allegation of infringement, misuse, or misappropriation based on information, data, files, or otherwise in connection with the service; (b) your violation of any law or rights of a third party; or (c) your use, or use by a third party, of Mobile Banking.
Availability of Service/Contingency:
Golden Valley Bank will use reasonable efforts to provide MyGVB Mobile Banking services in a prompt fashion, but shall not be liable for temporary failure to provide MyGVB Mobile Banking services in a timely manner. In such event, Customer shall be responsible for carrying out banking business through alternative channels. The Bank shall not be liable for any inaccurate or incomplete information with respect to transactions which have not been completely processed or posted to the Bank’s deposit or payments system prior to being made available pursuant to the MyGVB Mobile Banking and Deposit Remote Deposit Capture System. Information with respect to all transactions is provided solely for Customer’s convenience, and Customer shall have no recourse to the Bank as to use of such information.
Entire Agreement. This Agreement, as it may be amended from time to time, together with any other disclosures or documents provided to you about your Mobile Banking services and Accounts, contains the entire agreement between you and supersedes any other or oral communications and previous agreements, if any, with regard to Mobile Banking.
Governing Law. Any Account will continue to be governed by the laws described in the Account Agreement. This Agreement will be construed and interpreted in accordance with federal law applicable to Mobile Banking and to the extent not superseded by federal law, the laws of the state of California without regard to conflict-of-law rules.
Fingerprint Login for Mobile Banking
Fingerprint Login is an optional fingerprint sign-in method for Golden Valley Bank Mobile Banking that may be available for certain Apple® (via Touch ID™) and Android® mobile devices that have a built-in fingerprint scanner. To use Fingerprint Login, you will need to first save your fingerprint on your mobile Device (for more help with fingerprint scanning, contact the manufacturer that supports your mobile Device). Fingerprints are stored on your Device only and Golden Valley Bank never sees or stores your fingerprint information. You acknowledge that by enabling Fingerprint Login, you will allow anyone who has a fingerprint stored on your Device access to your personal and payment account information within Golden Valley Bank Mobile Banking. Golden Valley Bank reserves the right to suspend or disable this feature at any time. Fingerprint Login can only be associated with one Mobile Banking username at a time on a Device. If your Device does not recognize your fingerprint, you can sign in using your standard login credentials (e.g. password). To use Fingerprint Login for Mobile Banking on multiple Devices, you will need to set it up for each Device. You can enable or disable Fingerprint Login anytime within Golden Valley Bank Mobile Banking.
Android is a trademark of Google Inc.
Facial Recognition Login for Mobile Banking
Facial recognition is an optional biometric sign-in method for Golden Valley Bank Mobile Banking that may be available for certain Apple® and Android® mobile devices that have a built-in facial scanner. To use Facial Recognition, you will need to first save your facial image on your mobile Device (for more help with facial recognition, contact the manufacturer that supports your mobile Device). Facial recognition data is stored on your Device only and Golden Valley Bank never sees or stores your facial recognition information or image. You acknowledge that by enabling facial recognition Login, you will allow anyone who has facial recognition stored on your Device access to your personal and payment account information within Golden Valley Bank Mobile Banking. Golden Valley Bank reserves the right to suspend or disable this feature at any time. Facial recognition Login can only be associated with one Mobile Banking username at a time on a Device. If your Device does not recognize your face, you can sign in using your standard login credentials (e.g. password). To use facial recognition Login for Mobile Banking on multiple Devices, you will need to set it up for each Device. You can enable or disable facial recognition Login anytime within Golden Valley Bank Mobile Banking.
Android is a trademark of Google Inc.