Secure Email Details
About Secure Email
As you are well aware, email has become the preferred method for corporate communication. However, email isn't a private conversation - it's easy for others to intercept and read.
In order to maintain the confidentiality of private information sent via email, while ensuring compliance with privacy and regulations such as HIPAA, GLBA, State Data Security Laws, we have implemented an email encryption service through Zix Corporation, the leader in email encryption services. This service will help us protect outbound email containing sensitive information, such as social security numbers, driver's license numbers, and account information.
- All emails containing sensitive information between Golden Valley Bank and you will be encrypted. You will be able to receive these encrypted email messages easily through ZixPort.
- You will receive a notification message with instructions to "click here" to open the encrypted email. This button automatically re-directs you to our secure message center.
- First-time users of ZixPort will need to go through a simple registration process. Once your account is activated, you may view the message and any attachments.
- It's important for us to note that if you are currently a ZixCorp gateway customer, then all encrypted email messages between our organization and your organization will be sent securely and delivered in your inbox, just like any other email you receive.
- In addition to the brief overview we have provided to you above, ZixCorp has provided us with a website containing supplementary information on receiving encrypted emails, as well as frequently asked questions. View the Customer Center.
At Golden Valley Bank, we are committed to protecting personal information and are pleased to provide you this easy-to-use solution.